Self-Regulation is our ability to observe and regulate our thoughts, emotions, and arousal levels in response to environmental stimuli or internal sensations.
- This is one of the most important aspects of healing as well as our ability to thrive and function in all areas of life.
- The development of self-regulation starts at birth or in utero. There are many factors that can impact self-regulation including: physical and emotional trauma, difficult birth, poor infant mother bonding, hormones, blood sugar, sensory processing difficulties, stress, thoughts, emotions, structural imbalances, diet, environmental toxins etc..
- Many experts believe that the stress response is responsible for 85% of all disease. Self-regulation skills helps to inhibit the stress response, resolve old traumas, promote relaxation, improve social engagement, and balance the autonomic nervous system.
- Excessive stress, physical and emotional trauma can create nervous system tension resulting in stagnation, fixation, and chaos,
- It disorganizes the brain and nervous system and keeps us from being in the present moment. It may result in illness, physical or emotional symptoms, anxiety, addictions, self- regulation difficulties, learning disabilities, ADHD, impulsivity, rigidity, relationship problems, and lack of self-actualization.
- Craniosacral Therapy helps promote self regulation by releasing accumulated stress and tensions in the tissues, brain, and nervous system as well as balance the nervous system.
The information provided on this site is for educational purposes only, and is not intended as diagnosis, treatment or prescription for any disease or illness. The decision to use, or not to use, any of this information is the sole responsibility of the reader. Always consult with a licensed health care practitioner when dealing with a disease, illness, or health condition.
Are you or your child being hijacked by your brain and nervous system?